PROVIDING SOLUTIONS. CREATING VALUE.
At Hantzmon Wiebel, we know nonprofit organizations from the inside out. Members of our firm serve on a number of nonprofit boards, and we are proud to support the mission of so many worthy organizations.
Serving nonprofit organizations has always been a focus for us. Our experience in the nonprofit arena means we clearly understand the issues these entities face. Because they rely on public trust, it is imperative that nonprofit organizations embrace and exhibit unquestionable financial propriety. We know the importance of good governance, good accounting, and good leadership — and we share this knowledge with our nonprofit clients.
In fact, we are so well versed in this sector that we conduct workshops, seminars, and training courses on board governance, budgeting, internal controls, and cash flow issues for nonprofit staffs and volunteers, from board members to bookkeepers.
IN ADDITION TO OUR TRADITIONAL ACCOUNTING AND TAX SERVICES, OUR SERVICES FOR
nonprofit ORGANIZATIONS INCLUDE:
• AUDITS, REVIEWS, AND COMPILATIONS — Which level of service do you need? We’ll help you decide, based on how you plan to use your financial statements.
• FORM 990 PREPARATION — Tax-exempt organizations must file this form annually. The accuracy of its disclosures are key factors in fundraising and public relations.
• APPLICATION FOR TAX-EXEMPT STATUS — Even if you’re already incorporated, filing the IRS 501(c)(3) application is a crucial step toward generating tax-deductible donations and accessing certain grants.
• EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLAN AUDITS — Federal law requires qualified employee benefits plans with 100+ participants to be audited. Our specialized team can perform both full-scope and limited-scope audits.
• INTERNAL CONTROLS REVIEW — This service is designed to evaluate existing controls and identify areas for improvement to increase efficiency and deter fraud.
• PLANNED GIVING — We can weigh in on how your organization can work with donors to leverage their philanthropic plans in a tax-advantaged way.
• EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION ISSUES — Let us help you determine an appropriate compensation plan that is both attractive and in line with nonprofit benchmarks.
• ENDOWMENT FUND GUIDANCE — Whether you have one or need one, an endowment fund must be carefully managed to preserve value and meet spending requirements.
• BOARD GOVERNANCE REVIEW — Fine-tuning the board’s performance can have a significant impact on your organization. We can assess your current situation and share best practices on board structure and processes.
• UNRELATED BUSINESS INCOME — A portion of your income may be subject to unrelated business income tax if it meets certain tax code requirements.
For more information about our services for nonprofit organizations, please contact:
• College and university foundations
• Historic properties
• Health and welfare organizations
• Public and private foundations
• 501(c)(3) charitable organizations
• Private schools
OUR FIRM SERVES A BROAD RANGE OF nonprofit ORGANIZATIONS INCLUDING: